An Online, Creative Practice Retreat (August 2021)
To claim and carry forward the growth culled from a year of adversity...
The past year and a half has been full of loss, trauma, fear, uncertainty and division. It's also contained growth, beauty and gifts. We're different now, in ways that we've not fully recognized yet. This online retreat is about stepping back to notice those changes and integrating them so we move into a "new normal," not just return to normal.
Led by by Elizabeth McKoy (Creative Matters Coordinator), Rev. Scott Tayler (Soul Matters Team Lead) and Dani Swint (guest Yoga teacher), participants will be introduced to expressive arts techniques as spiritual practice. So come ready to have your hands and body engaged as well as your head and heart.
Influenced by field of post-tramatic growth, we will focus on three areas of exploration:
- Where We've Been: How do we look back in a way that enlarges our story and helps us see the fullness of what we've been through? How can we witness to each other's experience in a way that helps us heal?
- Where We are Now: How are we different than we were? What is shifting inside us and around us? What new thing is trying to be born through the struggle and loss of the past year and a half ?
- Where We're Going: What do we want to hold on to? How do we want to redraw our maps of normalcy?
Dates and Flow of the Retreat
This is a weekend retreat (Aug. 13-14), with a short Wednesday evening (Aug. 11) kick-off session.
Here are the specific times:
- Wednesday, August 11: 7-9pm eastern / 6-8pm central / 5-7pm mountain / 4-6pm pacific
- Friday, August 13: 7-9pm eastern / 6-8pm central / 5-7pm mountain / 4-6pm pacific
- Saturday, August 14: noon-5pm eastern / 11am-4pm central / 10am-3pm mountain / 9am-2pm pacific (with breaks)
- Sunday, August 15: noon-2:30pm eastern / 11am-1:30pm central / 10am-12:30pm mountain / 9am-11:30am pacific
All the sessions are online. We will offer suggestions about organizing your home environments to feel as though you are "away" as well as spiritually and emotional connected to other participants.
The total cost for the retreat is $135.
Reduced fees available on request. Just email us.
Feel free to reach out to Rev. Scott Tayler with any questions you have: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reserve your spot!
For more information contact Susan: email@example.com. Soul Matters Sharing Circle LLC